Friday, August 7, 2015

Altered Book Photo Frame and Card by Jodie Mason


I hope that this post finds you all well. I will warn you that this is a pretty photo heavy post, so you may want to grab yourself a nice drink (a warm one if the weather is anything like it is here).

Altered Book Photo Frame

I have had this idea stored in my head for some time now, I just needed the perfect opportunity to create it. So while doing up my sister-in-laws wedding album the other week I thought that I might be able to surprise her with a bonus photo frame also. This is what became of a hard cover bible that was found in a second hand store. I have used a mixture of white glue and water to position each of the pages and hold them in place.




An oval was cut out of a number of pages to provide the photo section. A piece of cardstock was stuck down to the page behind the cut out section. On top of this I have placed a piece of folded up non-stick baking paper and some cling wrap.


The chipboard pieces were glued down in addition to some plasterers tape and the whole thing given a good coating of white gesso.




I added a few sections of a white rub-on border strip to the title chipboard piece and several sections of the book. Then it was time to get 'down and dirty'. I love this bit! A spritz here, a squirt there, a splash or a dash anywhere. (Check out my blog here for the exact products and colours used).



Then add some flowers and hey presto!



And here's some close ups for you.



Memory Maze supplies used:


Quick Card

My mother is headed for an operation to remove some carcinomas in the next few weeks so I thought that it might be nice to put together a little card to send to her to brighten up her day a little.

The flowers with the holes in the center have had the layers separated and then dried with a heat gun to give the layering. The flat chipboard flowers have had a coat of white gesso and a white rub-on added to them. All of the flowers have had Adirondack alcohol ink in sunshine yellow and cranberry added to them. It is amazing what a difference a simple staple like gesso can make to colours. The flourish has just been painted with a green liquid acrylic paint.



Memory Maze supplies used:

Thanks for visiting

JODIE MASON
Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. That book is truly gorgeous! I would love to give it a go one day, but find it imidating! So I'm in such awe at the moment.. :)

    ReplyDelete