Tuesday, July 14, 2015

MEN @ WORK with Liz Hocking

Hello Crafters,
I hope you have all been busy creating and playing around with your chipboards.  As the weather here in Aus. has been rather cold, lots of time has been spent inside trying to keep warm, which of course, gives us more time to be creative.

MEN @ WORK

Firstly, I would love to share this story of my 'epic fail' and 'rescue' of my Memory Maze chipboard.
I was organising an activity for my grandchildren over the school holidays which was 'Coloured sands Jar' which involved making the sand from salt and covering it with chalk to make different colours.

I then put glue all over my chipboard and went about sprinkling the 'sand' all over it.
and here is the final result which I was not happy with and leads me to continue the story........
I kept telling myself 'no mistakes in scrapbooking' and with the help of the fantastic Memory Maze chipboard being so strudy, I set about scraping off the whole top layer once completely dry.

Well girls it worked a treat, sanded it back a little and then painted it again with Metallic paint and applied some Inca gold and .................
 'EPIC RESCUE'.....Don't you agree?
MEMORY MAZE ITEM





Welcome Layout
 
For my next work, I have created this layout for a friend.
  

I have used the 'baby's bottle' and the Nappy Pin from the Memory Maze Baby Set and I applied glue and white flocking on the bottle and  on the teat I have used Metallic Melts embossing powder. 
 
 
For the pin I used metallic silver embossing.  The Memory Maze chipboards are just wonderful for embossing.

MEMORY MAZE PRODUCT

I trust that you have enjoyed our journey today and to check out more fantastic MEMORY MAZE product just click HERE .
So until next time .......happy creating.....











1 comment:

  1. I love the salt idea! Very clever.. Shame it didn't work for you but love how you didn't come up.. The best attitude in crafting is exactly what you said.. "There are no mistakes".. lol.. Thanks for sharing, I feel better knowing I'm not alone when this happens to me.. lol. - Toni.. :)

    ReplyDelete