Sunday, June 14, 2015

You're my princess canvas by Jodie Mason


Hi all. I hope this finds you all well. It has been hectic here for me. Seriously, who knew that cleaning out and resorting craft supplies could be so much work? Lol! It's taken me a full week so far, and I'm still only half way there. I did however manage to find a few hidden gems, that I had obviously put away in a safe place for later use. Am I the only one that does that?

Princess Canvas
This all started out with an idea I got from a crafting group on Facebook recently. They were making little fairies and using flat paper flowers for their skirts. I loved the thought and had the perfect piece of chipboard to work with. I began by sketching a bit of a bodice on the chipboard. The bodice was painted with pink acrylic paint and the remainder with black acrylic paint. I cut some large paper flowers in half and then took an extra one or two petals off the edges. These were layered over the stand to create the skirt. As I got to the top of the skirt I changed from large flowers to medium sized ones, that had been prepared in the same manner. The final 2 or 3 layers were made up of single petals cut from the medium flowers. The petals that were cut from the flowers used, were then slotted in among the skirt to create a little more fullness. The bodice was created by covering the pink paint with white craft glue. Some pink rhinestone flowers were put in place and some small white seed beads sprinkled over the remainder of the glue.


The plaque was die cut from a sheet of chipboard. I've added some liquid pearls to the outside flourishes to add some more dimension. Once this had dried it was covered in 2 coats of gesso followed by some metallic silver acrylic paint. While this was drying I printed out the sentiment on some scrap cardstock. This was cut out and stuck to the plaque. The plaque piece was covered in Emboss-it glue (except where the sentiment is), and this was covered in metallic silver embossing powder.


For more information on how the canvas was created or the products used, please see my personal blog here.


Memory Maze products used:

It’s a Boy Card
This was a quick and easy creation that anyone could do easily (I should know because Miss 3 decided she had to help with most of it!). The blue card base is 10cm * 10cm and was left blank. The white card is 9cm * 9cm and the smaller blue one is 8cm * 8cm. I laid these out on a craft mat and then placed some Memory Maze stars on the top. These had mists sprayed over the top of them, and the chipboard pieces were then removed. These pieces of card were stuck down to the card base. The ‘It’s a Boy’ chippie was sprayed with mists also and then had crackle accents applied to the top of it.


Memory Maze Products used:

I hope that you have enjoyed my creations this time around. Don't be afraid to let us know what you think.
Until next time,

Happy crafting.

Memory Maze Design Team Member 2015.

2 comments:

  1. loving the lady what a great way to do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning technique with the lady.. Thank you for sharing that idea!!

    ReplyDelete