Friday, February 13, 2015

Whoooo is Around for a Canvas

Hi everyone, Mel here with my very first post on the Memory Maze Design Team. I am so honoured to be here and to be lucky enough to get to play with so many different goodies.

First up I have a canvas that I made creating some gorgeous chippy.


I started by prepping my canvas with some Gesso. I then Covered it with Mod Podge and added some paper from my My Mind's Eye Now and Then Collection.
Once that was dry I used some texture past and my Memory Maze brick after Brick template to give the canvas some dimension. While that was still wet I sprayed the entire canvas with some mists and paints.
I used the Memory Maze large chipboard cog which can be purchased in a Frame set. I cut off the desired piece and covered in Gesso, while it was still wet I covered it in white embossing powder and heat set it.  I repeated this step with the embossing powder but this time while it was being heat set I sprinkled some coloured embossing powder over the cog and continued to heat set it.
I then worked in sections of the cog, heating the section again and while it was still liquefied I pressed a stamp into the powder and allowed it to dry before removing the stamp. I did this in sections until the entire piece was completed. (remember if you are going to do this technique to cover what you have already done so it won't get affected by the heat gun and wreck you stamped design).
For my cute little Memory Maze Owl I covered it in grey ink. Once it was dry I drew in the detail with a black Spica Pen and then covered the entire owl with Hot Set Powder to give the owl some texture.

I have added some tags and extra embellishments including a Memory Maze Fence to complete my canvas.

Memory Maze Chipboard Cog Frame Z0002.
Memory Maze Chipboard Owl L0021.
Memory Maze Chipboard Picket Fence L0061.
Memory Maze Chipboard Brick after Brick Poly Template.

Thanks for looking. I will be back this afternoon for another creation using Memory Maze Chipboard.

Mel
xxx

2 comments: