Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Little bit of Fairy Dust....

Hello and welcome all, thanks for stopping by.  The other day I got a parcel From Memory Maze and I was like a little  child opening a Christmas present.  Oh where to start!  The wee fairy girl really took my fancy. 
There was so much to choose from!  Let me show you what I created.



                                

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Beautiful


This was such a fun project to create.  I started by covering each piece of the shadow box with patterned paper and then inked the edges with so distress inks.  After I put the box together I started decorating it with lots of yummy embellishments.


The fairy was covered in a light layer of gesso and then I applied distress paint to the dress,  and Gelato  to the other  different  parts.  Once the paint was dried I embossed the wings with very glittery embossing powder.   


The vintage frame I got a little distress ink around the edge of the frame and added the sticker.


The vintage frame has been dipped into hot melted embossing powder in the melting pot.


  I cut he sign and light off so I could colour them.  Once I attached the post I glued back the sign and light which have been coloured with Gelatos and then clear embossed.


I then attached the vines and flowers.  If you look close you can see lots of lines of glue, which has been sprinkled with glitter to look  like frosted spider webs.


Here is a side view of the shadow box,  it sits lovely :-).  If you get a chance to play with one of these shadow boxes do it!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A Fairy Garden.


 After making  the shadow box I had all this pretty papers left over had needed to do something with it. 
 So I created this card.


The reeds have been coloured in Gelato's and then I added clear crackle to the foliage and for the reed heads I glued some tiny beads.


In the back ground you can see the fence which has been dipped in the melting pot and then coloured with metallic rubs.  I layered the memory maze chipboard with cut outs from the paper.  Glittered the fairy butterfly wings and butterflies.


Memory Maze Chip Board used....fancy tags large  210 x 295 min buy 3
                                                                   Fancy Tags Large



Wrought iron fence set




Memory Box Oval



A fairy in my garden sold 3\'s  100 x 120





                                        Vintage Lamp Post

                                                                    Vintage Lamp Post




                                                         Reed Corner small   Sold in 3\'s

                                                                        Reed Corner


Thanks for stopping by today,  I hope you enjoyed my share.  Take care and happy scrappin  xox  Donna
                                               

.







1 comment:

  1. Just so beautiful Donna love what you have done with all the pieces

    ReplyDelete