Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Victoria Freze - May Reveal

Hello everyone!
I'm so happy to share with you some of my projects. I will start from a card as it is as warm and sunny as the weather outside.

Thank you


For this card I used chipboard Thank You, a phrase that I really often use in my life. 


I covered it with acrylic paint and after it has dried used distress inks to create light shadows. This simple technique is absolutely wonderful for me. It helps to create depth to the title. 


As many of you already know, I love volume in my projects. To create it here I just cut a piece of honeycombs and stitched it to the background. Then I made a cluster of leaves, flower and butterfly which I stapled and also added a brad to a flower. After that I just glued chipboard.

Chipboard used:
Thank You Product ID : C0010

.......................................................................................

My second project is layout that you could see before on my blog. It is for my friend's little daughter.

Wonderful


For the title I used chipboard Wonderful because this girl is totally wonderful! First, I created a layout and began to paint chipboard with different inks to create the color I need. 


To be honest, it took about an hour to mix all of them in order the color could match the photos and papers. 


As a background I almost always use gesso, then I used acrylic dabbers and different glimmer mists and finally it looked nice for me. When it was dry, I covered it with glossy accent.


If you tried this technique before, you probably noticed that the color become more darker when glossy accent dry. I knew it, so I painted the chipboard in a color a little bit lighter than I need. As  for me this title looks like candy. I love this font and size of the chippie. 

Chipboard used:
Wonderful Product ID : G0202


I hope my projects inspired you to create your wonderful pieces of art! Don't forget to share them with us on our Facebook page. And welcome to our first Blog Hop

Have a fabulous week!


5 comments:

  1. The wonderful one is wonderful! I love your sunny bright card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Victoria....love them both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how crisp and bright all your creations are, Victoria! Beautiful work - you really know how to make the chipboard shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are so lovely and bright in both your projects and they both look great!

    ReplyDelete